Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Rusk Wadlin Heppner & Martuscello, LLP Free Personal Injury Consultation
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
Contact Us Now
Home > Family Law > Family Enforcement

Enforcing Family Court Orders

The process of obtaining a divorce can be long and arduous, involving drawn-out battles over the division of property and amount of support to which you or your spouse is entitled. This process can become even more draining if children are involved. All too often, a challenging divorce is followed up by a spouse who refuses to comply with either the Supreme Court Order or Family Court Order concerning issues of custody, visitation, child support or spousal support, requiring you to return to court to force your spouse to act in the way they have already been ordered to act. Read on to learn more about how we help with enforcing court orders.

Experience in obtaining compliance with court orders

At Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP, our lawyers understand that your former spouse’s refusal to follow a court’s order on issues such as custody, visitation or support can have a major impact on your finances or relationship with your children. Our knowledgeable family law attorneys have spent decades developing the necessary skills and knowledge of the law to go before New York family courts and successfully argue that a court order must be enforced.

Methods of enforcement of family court orders

There are a number of types of orders that courts may issue throughout the course of a divorce, custody, visitation or child support dispute, as well as orders to turn over or divide certain marital property, or orders to sell the marital home. There are a variety of ways that a court can force an obstinate spouse to comply with such orders, depending on the circumstances of a case, most of which originate with a court finding the disobedient spouse “in contempt,” meaning that they have deliberately acted contrary to the court’s orders. Our family law enforcement attorneys at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP have decades of experience in pursuing contempt motions before supreme courts and family courts. We can provide you with the professional and effective representation that will help you get results from a noncompliant former spouse or co-parent.

Our attorneys can seek a number of different methods of enforcement of family court orders, including:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Property liens
  • Suspension of professional or drivers’ licenses
  • Temporary receivership
  • Imprisonment

Help is Available for Enforcement of New York Family Law Court Orders

If you need help getting your former spouse to comply with court orders issued in your New York divorce or custody dispute, contact the skilled, compassionate, and dedicated New York family lawyers at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP for a consultation on your case, in Marlboro at 845-236-4411, or in Kingston at 845-331-4100.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn