Kingston Construction Accident Lawyer
Compensation for Work Site Accidents
If you suffered serious injury or a family member suffered a traumatic injury or died in a construction accident, you may have a personal injury claim for damages beyond Workers’ Compensation. Contact the Kingston construction accident lawyers at the law firm of Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP for a free case evaluation at our offices in Kingston or Marlboro.
Construction work is among the most hazardous occupations. The U.S. Department of Labor reports that construction accidents account for more than 1,200 fatalities and 400,000 injuries each year. Falls are the leading cause of death for building trades workers.
Our attorneys have recovered significant damages for clients through verdict or settlement. We have the knowledge and resources to handle all types of construction-related claims:
- Falls from a scaffold, ladder, or other height
- Vehicle and heavy equipment accidents (on-site or traveling to and from)
- Contact with objects or equipment
- Exposure to chemicals or hazardous materials
- Burns and wounds from fires or explosions
Legal Remedies for Injured Construction Workers
Normally, employees cannot sue their employers for work-related accidents. However, we may be able to recover damages for negligence on the part of the property owner, another contractor, a third party such as a manufacturer, or even your employer. For example, New York Labor Law, under Section 240 (Scaffolding Law) and Sections 200 and 241, enables laborers to sue the contractor and property owner for dangerous work conditions that result in serious falls or other construction accidents.
Our construction accident lawyers, Dan Heppner and John Rusk, are board-certified specialists in Civil Trial Advocacy. They possess the experience and demonstrated results at trial to negotiate the maximum compensation or present a viable case to a jury.
Construction Accident FAQs
- Why do I need an attorney if I’m injured in a construction site accident?
- What are some of the activities covered under New York labor law?
- Who is liable for injuries at a construction site?
- If I am partially at fault for my injuries at a construction site, would I still be able to recover?
Free Case Evaluation from Construction Accident Lawyers
Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP represents construction injury victims throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond. Contact our Kingston construction accident lawyers online for a prompt response, or call us directly at 845-331-4100 (Kingston) or 845-236-4411 (Marlboro). Evening and weekend appointments available, including hospital visits.