Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Rusk Wadlin Heppner & Martuscello, LLP Free Personal Injury Consultation
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
Contact Us Now
Home > Family Law > Post-Divorce Modifications

Post-Divorce Modification Attorney Serving Throughout New York

The post-divorce modification attorney of Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP assist clients in all matters related to divorce, including child custody, child support, and spousal support modifications. Whether you need to change a custody, visitation, or support order—or you want to prevent a change to a standing order—we can help you pursue and protect your interests.

Changing Child Custody & Child Support Orders in New York

Issues related to a divorcing couple’s children, including custody, visitation, and child support, must be agreed upon and finalized before the divorce can be finalized. You can modify these orders, however, if a parent’s or a child’s circumstances change significantly after the divorce. A significant, or “material” change, is one that affects the operability of a custody or support arrangement, such as:

  • One parent moves out-of-state or so far from the other parent that the visitation schedule is no longer workable
  • The child develops special health or educational needs
  • A parent loses his or her job, gets a new job, or is promoted
  • A parent’s work schedule no longer accommodates the visitation arrangement
  • One parent is interfering with a child’s relationship with the other parent
  • Drinking, drug use, deteriorating physical or mental condition, or other safety issues regarding the child
  • A parent is convicted of a crime

Trying to accommodate—or being forced to accommodate—an impractical custody or support order is detrimental for parents and children alike. A modification is likely the answer in these types of situations.

Relocation Cases

Relocation may be the most common and the most difficult situation requiring a modification of child custody and visitation orders. In addition to being emotionally complex, a parent’s relocation can become legally complex if the laws of more than one state are involved in a case. We can help you achieve a favorable visitation arrangement despite these complications.

Changing Spousal Support Orders in New York

If your ex-spouse has remarried, or his or her income has risen substantially, you may qualify for a reduction or end to spousal support payments. Similarly, if an ex-spouse has been paying support and now earns more money, you may be eligible for an increase in spousal support. We can help you maintain the fairness of your spousal support arrangement when financial circumstances change.

Contact Us about Custody & Support Modifications

If you need to change a child custody, visitation, or support order, please contact Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP to schedule a consultation. With offices in Kingston and Marlboro, our Kingston post-divorce modification attorney represents clients throughout the Hudson Valley.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn