Ulster County’s Oldest Law Firm – Continuing A Tradition Of Excellence, Courage and Conviction
For nearly 150 years, the people of the Hudson Valley have trusted the attorneys at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello LLP to provide them with high quality legal advice and representation in Ulster County and surrounding areas. Our Kingston & Marlboro personal injury lawyers continue today with the same commitment to integrity and excellence that has marked our firm from its founding.
We understand what you’re going through, and we can help
The firm’s strength lies in the diversity of our areas of practice and our ability to help you with any or all of your legal needs. Our clients whom we have helped in the past return to us whenever the need arises for legal assistance in another area. We make clients for life, which tells us they appreciate the level of attention and quality of service they receive from us. Call us at our offices in Kingston and Marlboro for help with any of the following legal matters in the Hudson Valley:
- Personal Injury – New York personal injury law puts the burden on you to be able to prove that another’s negligence or breach of duty to you was the actual and legal cause of your injuries, and you must be able to prove the nature and extent of your injuries and legal damages, including medical expenses, lost wages and income, pain and suffering, and more. Insurance companies meanwhile deny the fact that you were seriously injured, or they try to avoid or reduce their liability by claiming your own negligence contributed to your injury. Our lawyers have the knowledge, skills and resources to build a strong and compelling case proving the other party’s negligence and challenging the defenses and allegations they make against you. Our firm is experienced in car accidents, medical malpractice, construction accidents, premises liability, nursing home abuse and all manner of personal injury claims involving catastrophic injuries or wrongful death.
- Estate Planning & Elder Law – Whether you are creating a will for the first time or revisiting an established estate plan that is no longer applicable to your current needs or desires, we’ll take the time to sit down with you, listen to your concerns and give you sound, practical advice about the estate plan that is right for you. We draft wills, trusts and advance directives that ensure your assets are protected and you are properly taken care of during your lifetime, and that your wishes are given effect after you are gone. Our estate administration and probate attorneys provide effective representation in all matters in New York Surrogate Court, from guardianship proceedings to will contests.
- Family Law & Divorce – Family law legal matters establish and alter your most intimate relationships and affect them for years to come. We look out for what’s right for you and your kids now and into the future with practical, effective agreements that can be easily followed by all parties or enforceable by the courts when they aren’t. We make sure you are well-represented in your New York divorce in all the most important areas, including child custody, child support, alimony and property division. We’re here for post-divorce modification proceedings as well, along with a range of other family law matters, including adoption, paternity and prenuptial agreements. Call our family law attorneys for sound advice and effective representation in your Hudson Valley divorce or family law matter.
- Bankruptcy & Foreclosure – You work every day to put food on the table and a roof over your head, but financial troubles can threaten all that you have worked for. You don’t need to wait until collapse is around the corner or you’ve become physically sick with worry; the nation’s bankruptcy laws are here to help you turn your life around and save you from financial ruin. We help people make a fresh start with a Chapter 7 straight bankruptcy; save their home from foreclosure with a Chapter 13 debt adjustment; and employ a number of means to stop creditor harassment and unfair debt collection. Call us today to learn your options for affordable, effective and lasting debt relief.
- Commercial Litigation & Real Estate – Our business lawyers provide smart, strong and effective advice and representation to help your business start, grow and thrive, even in the face of serious commercial disputes. Our commercial litigation practice handles breach of contract suits; allegations of fraud, unfair practices and other business torts; and matters involving corporate governance such as shareholder disputes. Our real estate attorneys represent buyers and sellers in residential and commercial property purchase and sale to ensure a smooth and successful transaction, or to represent you in court when real estate matters do not proceed as they should.
Put 150 Years of Hudson Valley Legal History to Work for You
In personal injury, estate planning and elder law, family law and divorce, bankruptcy, commercial litigation, and real estate, whatever your legal needs, the attorneys at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello LLP are here to help. We maintain offices in Kingston and Marlboro and serve clients throughout Ulster County and the Hudson Valley. When you need a Kingston or Marlboro personal injury or civil lawyer, we’re here for you.