New York Big Rig Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been hurt or killed in a big rig accident or other traffic collision anywhere in the Hudson Valley area, including Kingston, Marlboro and Ulster, reach out to a zealous truck accident attorney at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP, for a consultation with one of our attorneys. We’ll investigate the circumstances of your accident, build your case, and fight for your right to compensation. Our big rig injury team will pursue your claims against the biggest freight companies, truck manufacturers, insurance companies, and any other parties who should be responsible for compensating you and your family for the harm you have suffered.
What Causes Big Rig Accidents?
The big rig accident legal team at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP has years of experience investigating large truck crashes. We know what evidence to find and what special risks apply to long-haul big rig drivers. Big rig accidents present unique risks to truckers and other drivers on the road, and certain risk factors are more commonly involved in large truck crashes than other traffic accidents.
Our New York big rig injury lawyers will determine what caused your truck accident, including common issues such as:
- Drunk and Drugged Driving
- Drowsy Driving
- Unsecured Hauls
- Unbalanced Loads or Overloaded Hauls
- Hours of Service Violations
- Speeding and Other Unsafe Driving Tactics
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Improper Braking
- Potholes, Felled Trees, and Other Road Hazards
Common Types of Big Rig Accidents
While big rigs are often involved in head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, and other common traffic accidents, large trucks present special risks for certain kinds of crashes. At Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP, our seasoned big rig accident team is prepared to hold the proper parties liable for your injuries after any type of large truck crash.
Common types of large truck accidents include:
- Jackknife Accidents. Jackknife accidents occur when the trailer or bed of the big rig swings in a perpendicular direction to the tractor or cab. The resulting shape is much like a folding jackknife, and the risks are severe. The trailer may swing into other lanes of traffic, colliding with several other vehicles. The trucker may lose all control of the vehicle, and rollovers commonly occur.
- Rollover Accidents. Truck rollovers are incredibly dangerous, often resulting in catastrophic injury or death. Big rigs are massive vehicles with a higher center of gravity than standard passenger cars. When a driver takes a sharp turn or swerves, or otherwise drives too fast for weather, traffic, and road conditions, the truck is liable to roll over. Overloaded trucks and unbalanced hauls contribute to the risk of a rollover. A big rig rollover is likely to capture other vehicles in the carnage.
- Wide Turn Accidents. Truck drivers must use special caution when making turns, especially right turns. Right turns are usually much tighter than left turns and require extra maneuvering for big rigs. When a truck driver does not have sufficient space to take those extra steps, drivers in neighboring lanes are at heightened risk for a dangerous collision.
- Sideswipe Accidents. Sideswipe accidents occur when two vehicles traveling in the same direction collide side-to-side. Big rigs are more likely to sway with heavy winds, tire blowouts, and other inclement driving conditions, and they also have much larger blind spots than standard passenger vehicles. These and other factors greatly increase the risk of a sideswipe collision.
Call a Dedicated a New York Truck Accident Lawyer for Assistance With Your Hudson Valley Big Rig Injury Claim
For a free consultation on your potential big rig crash injury claim, contact the zealous large truck accident attorneys at the New York personal injury law firm Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP, in Kingston at 845-331-4100 or in Marlboro at 845-236-4411.