Partner, J.D., M.B.A
Phone: (845) 236-4411 (Marlboro Office)
Melissa Manna-Williams received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Delaware in 2003, a Juris Doctor from Pace Law School in 2009, and a Master of Business Administration from Pace University in 2010. She was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2010. Melissa’s areas of practice include Estate Planning, Elder Law (including Community and Nursing Home Medicaid Planning and Applications), and Estate and Trust Administration.
Melissa recognizes the need for Estate Planning and asset protection for families throughout the Hudson Valley. She knows that proper estate planning can lessen the burdens, both emotional and financial, placed on families when they lose a loved one or when a family member becomes ill. Planning with a team of advisors, such as accountants, financial advisors, and community advocates, allows the individual client to achieve their goals and create their legacy.
Melissa has spoken on the topics of Estate Planning and Medicaid Planning at community group events, professional advisory groups, and at Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars.
She joined Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello, LLP in 2015 and became a Partner with the firm in 2020. Melissa lives in Dutchess County with her husband, Colin, and their two beloved dogs, Matilda and Hamish.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trusts & Estates
- Estate Administration
- Elder Law & Asset Protection
- Nursing Home and Community Medicaid Applications
- Pace University
- M.B.A., Strategic Management – 2010
- Pace Law School
- J.D. – 2009
- University of Delaware
- B.S – 2003
- Major: Business Administration, Concentration: Marketing
- Minor: Theatre Production
- New York, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mid-Hudson Women’s Bar Association, a Chapter of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York: Prior President and Prior Treasurer, Member of the Judicial Committee and the Elder Law Trusts & Estate Committee
- Hudson Valley Estate Planning Council: Prior President and current member of the Board
- Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley: Board Member
- New York State Bar Association: Member
- Ulster County Bar Association: Member
- Dutchess County Bar Association: Member