Dangerous Stairway Fall Attorney
A fall down a flight of stairs can lead to serious injuries—even death. Many stair fall accidents are caused by stairs that have not been properly constructed or maintained. All property owners and business managers have an obligation to keep their premises safe for visitors, and when they ignore this duty, innocent customers become the victims. If you’ve been the victim of injuries caused by dangerous stairs, get help recovering the money damages you may be owed by contacting the hard-working and effective Hudson Valley trip-and-fall injury lawyers at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello for a consultation on your case.
What makes stairs dangerous?
Customers, visitors, or apartment building residents need to be able to trust that the stairs they use are safe and stable. When stairs are not kept clean or their maintenance is neglected, visitors can suffer grave injuries. A stairway can be dangerous when the following conditions are present:
- Broken stairs: The risers and treads of a staircase must be regularly inspected to ensure that they are firmly connected and in good condition. A broken stair could cause a user to fall through the stair or tumble down the staircase.
- Stairs not built to code: New York State has strict rules in place on the specifications to which stairs must be built. After an accident, a skilled lawyer can help you determine if the stairs that caused your fall were built according to code. Evidence that the stairs were not properly constructed can be valuable in an eventual personal injury lawsuit.
- Poor stairway lighting: Stairs must be well-lit to be safe to use. If property owners or managers have allowed lightbulbs to burn out or failed to install necessary lighting in the first place, they may be liable for injuries should a fall occur.
- Weak, broken, or missing railings: Stairway railings must be able to support the weight of those climbing the stairs. If a railing should collapse, the victim could suffer an even more grave fall off the side of a tall staircase than they would have had they fallen down the stairs themselves.
- Tripping or slipping hazards on stairs: Stairs that lack slip protection, have untethered carpeting, are littered with electrical cords or debris, or are slippery from ice or rain can cause visitors to fall.
The Kingston personal injury lawyers at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello have been fighting for accident victims for decades. Our diligent slip-and-fall lawyers will conduct a meticulous investigation into the facts of your dangerous stairway accident, helping you get the money you deserve to compensate you for the medical costs, lost work, and pain you suffered due to a stairway accident. Contact us as soon as possible to begin the stairway accident claim process.
Help for Injuries Caused by Dangerous Stairs in Kingston and Marlboro
For professional and dedicated legal help in New York after a dangerous stairway accident, contact the Hudson Valley stair fall injury lawyers at Rusk, Wadlin, Heppner & Martuscello for a free consultation on your case, in Marlboro at 845-236-4411, and in Kingston at 845-331-4100.